Sunday 29 November 2009

After 37 years






A few weeks ago I received a message on Facebook - had I attended Bingley College in 1971/1972? I couldn't believe my eyes to find Serge had contacted me - we had got on so well when he lived in Priestley Hall but had totally lost contact since. On top of that he and Jacqueline live just two hours away.

So last weekend we went to visit them with a little trepidation, after all 37 years is a long, long time. Any worries quickly vanished as we realised how much we still had in common and the four of us got on 'like a house on fire' (that's for my French readers!)

We managed a stroll on the Saturday afternoon walking through the park and visiting ONE of Serge's allotments - very impressive, putting us to shame. We saw some of Angers in the evening when we went to the cinema but sadly our planned visit on Sunday was thwarted when the heavens opened and we were treated to torrential rain.

I wonder how many people recognise the VOMIT (don't ask!) t-shirt that Serge is wearing in this photo of a photo - I remember my Mum hanging MY t-shirt inside out on the washing line! Next there's Serge, Tine and Jacqueline at the allotment. Photo 3 shows one of the beautiful buildings in Angers - we didn't even get to the magnificent château.

Finally our new old friends: one for Phil, Serge with Jimi Hendrix's 'Axis Bold as Love' LP; and finally Jacqueline & Serge enjoying coffee after a fantastic tagine.

Looking forward to seeing you here soon, folks AND a return visit from us to see more of Angers.

No comments: