Sunday 31 October 2010

Surprise weekend (1)







Three weeks in Bali means that I'm behind with An Englishman in La Tranche so let's play catch-up.

For my birthday Tine had organised a surprise weekend in Bordeaux with our good friends Guy & Isabelle. I had no idea up until the moment when G&I's car parked up in front of our house. Even once en route Guy was teasing (a little TOO much) about going to the Isle de Ré. By then I'd already got an inclination of our destination.

Anyway we had a wonderful time, our hotel on the other side of the Pont de Pierre (Stone Bridge) crossing the River Garonne, with a wonderful modern statue of a lion at our end. Bordeaux really is a beautiful city and we walked miles. Guy was very proud to show us his 'family' street and we enjoyed partaking in a couple of beers on the Place de la Victoire (otherwise known as Place d'Happy Hour).

Friday evening we attended the opening of a new wine shop/bar where G&I's son Sébastien was helping out, practising his studies in the world of wine.

...................................................................................

http://2gotobali.wordpress.com/ is up and running!!

No comments: