Thursday 24 February 2011

Come on spring!

I know it's still only February but each year I bacome more and more impatient for the beginning of warmer days (and as I type this, yes it's another miserable grey morning). So to cheer me up a few positive signs....


Firstly 'She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' gave Tine this beautiful selection of daffodils/narcissi (I know someone will correct me here) to celebrate her fĂȘte, and they certainly brightened up our kitchen. The daffs in the garden are about to bloom but we've seen some already flowering on roundabouts in the area.


Definitely a sign of things to come was the official spotting of the first lizard. Hopefully our bright green friend will be visiting us again this year.

The other day we went for a cycle ride followed by a walk through the pine forests in an to attempt to find a 'new-to-us' beach near Les Conches. In fact we failed to find the correct pathway to that beach but still enjoyed our stroll, managing to miss our turning on the way back to the bikes. Must leave a trail of stones next time!

Now here's definitely a more positive sign, 16.6°C on my new weather station (that's the outside temperature by the way)!

And what better way to enjoy such lofty temperatures than to eat lunch outside with Tine showing off the date AND her new specs (and a prize to those who spot the new house next door)!

No comments: