Tuesday 24 May 2011

Not more garden photos!

I promise this is the last of OUR garden photos for the time being!

I used the zoom to photograph these baby grapes. Each one is about 2 mm across at the moment, but it looks like we're going to have a bumper crop this year.

I mentioned that Tine's classes at L'Aiguillon had clubbed together to treat her to some wonderful end-of-year gifts. Here is the olive tree 'in situ' - check the blog in a year to see how it has grown (or Tine shrunk)!

These lilies were a gift from our good friends Edith & John (regular bloggers) when they visited last year. They cheerily greet callers at the house at the moment. Come again soon, you two!

Oh dear, I've just Googled this beetle and it attacks fruit so we'd better be on the look-out! We just loved it's fluorescent green colour.

Tine is sitting in our 'new for 2011' breakfast corner at the front of the house, being watched by a magnificent yukka flower.

This week's 'Name that shrub' competition. Come on LCA, Kate or Claudia Shiffer. Who's going to win?!

And finally some very bright orange geraniums outside the East Wing's bathroom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave thinks it's a common spirea - I said you wouldn't want anything common in your garden!

Love the crown of blue hovering over Tine - angelic or what!

Bisous

Papaman said...

And Sis wins this week's star prize.....!!

Anonymous said...

I love your garden posts! It helps me keep up to date whilst I'm not there. Not too long till my next visit now though...

Love the beetle too :)

xxx