Wednesday 5 January 2022

St Ives & back in Porthtowan

I’m sure you’ve read it here before: my favourite place in the world (so far!) is St Ives, even on a VERY wet day.

Here’s the view after arriving at the railway station, leaving the cars at St Erth and enjoying a brief train journey along the coast. It’s the easiest way as parking is a nightmare in St Ives.

We were already soaked to the skin by the time we got to the harbour (sadly no seals to be spotted)…


…but St Ives is beautiful in all weathers.


I bet Alfie wished there were a few escaped lobsters here!

I worked here in the summers of 1969 & 1970. It was a different restaurant then, destroyed in a fire which put an end to my waitering experience!

I couldn’t resist a photo of this shop named after one of Stephen King’s creations

Here’s the view from our bedroom in Porthtowan…

…and a video to show how near the beach we were.  That’s Alfie by the stream, if you hadn’t guessed!

Natural…

…and man made patterns. Do you remember the reference to Cornish walls in this post? https://anenglishmaninlatranche.blogspot.com/2021/11/the-coast-near-amlwch.html

I promised you lots of shots of the sea…

…with or without Alfie.

The RNLI is on hand if needed. It was a tad early for surfers.

Another brighter day, but the same ‘old’ Alfie…

…and another video to finish the post.


No comments: