Monday 21 November 2022

Les Nuits de la Tour (2)

In 2019 we missed the first performances of Les Nuits de la Tour with a cast of amateur local people telling the story of the tower. The pandemic got in the way, and three years later we were lucky enough to get tickets for one of the second series of shows.

The tower was used as the main backdrop throughout...

...sometimes with very real projections. 


A village was created to help tell the story.

Translated from the flier: 'Throughout time the villagers knew how to protect me...

...they revolted so that no-one could spoil my beautiful robe...

...they put their heart into cultivating the land...


...and maintain the marshes which have now replaced the ocean...


...I am ready to tell you my story.'

What a great production...

...but sadly no fireworks this time with the risk of causing forest fires.

I would definitely go back in 2023 although it's a shame that the dates are too early for British holiday-makers.

No comments: