Tuesday 14 November 2023

Canal walk

As you might know I still don’t have full mobility with my left knee, and Yorkshire is not the best of places for walking with all its hills! Solution: drive down to the Leeds & Liverpool Canal and head along the towpath.

Starting at Saltaire on a beautiful day (of which there haven’t been many)!

Looking along the towpath between the two main buildings

There were plenty of narrowboats to be seen, the one on the right named after my father-in-law


Not exactly a narrowboat but this one had an amusing shape

I was very pleased to spot the brewery for one of my favourite ‘newer’ beers, Saltaire Blonde…

…plus a family of snoozing swans.

Oh look, they’ve woken up!

The funnily named Gallows Bridge…

…alongside where the old Bradford Canal used to branch off.

Back to Saltaire. Can you spot the slug?

No comments: