Thursday 8 November 2007

Came off the back of a lorry...







... literally! Yes the three 'stères' of wood were majestically delivered today and we spent much of the afternoon wheelbarrowing it around to the back of the house. We think our results are pretty impressive although the wood is now covered with a tarpaulin to protect it from any rain (which can come in at an angle, not that we've seen much!) The table is still there so we can eat outside if the weather allows.
.
We did this after a lovely lunch with Catherine, Julie and Charles who SHOULD have been going back to school today. I think the cousins enjoy coming round for home-made lunch as a change from restaurants.
.
Yesterday we went on a bike ride to La Terrière keeping our eyes open for any elusive pine cones and we came back with loads. We also popped onto the beach there which is enormous and could JUST spot two other people in the far distance. I took a couple of photos on my phone but I'm waiting for a cable to come so that I can download them now Matt has taken his back!
.
The day before we did some more gardening. Hope you like the display of pansies. Some of you will recognise the pots, most of which were gifts! We also planted some rosemary, thyme and lavender.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great wood pile. please send a truck load to norfolk.

Anonymous said...

Wow, love ALL the photos, not been on since I got back as don't feel like I've stopped for breath yet! Jealous of your bike rides, wood piles and family lunches. Can I come back yet? Bisous xxx