Saturday 3 May 2008

Au revoir from La Correspondante Anglaise




LCA again, for a short 'au revoir' blog! Got to do this v. quickly, before leaving to catch 'plane home. And on the way, we have to call at 'La Paillote' to say goodbye to Matt & friends on their opening day. Weather today is 'crackin' the flags', and lots of touristes, so hope they have a very successful start that continues all season.
.
Yesterday, I had a few 'first times' and a 'rediscovery'! The latter is that I can still ride a bike, after...years! Yes, my sons, it is true! (It's flat here, with loads of cycle paths, unlike the home patch) Luckily, no photo to prove it, as Dave was too busy making sure I didn't hit anything. Anyway, we went as far as La Terriere beach and tho' the big hill, up the sand dune was a bit much, yes, Nad, the return run is brill!
.
At the beach, a first paddle this year, not quite as cold as I expected.. just. Then back home for lunch... first eating al fresco for me this year(not for 'the locals' they were out in Jan!) Later I had a first ever drive of a French car (with co-pilot of course), and lastly, my first drink(soft) of the season in La Paillote....I'll be back.
.
Right, must sign off now, unfortunately a plane doesn't wait! Thanks to my friends for a fantastic time, and all their friends for such alovely welcome. A bientot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good weather in Bingley today. I'm sure La Correspondante Anglaise will be sad to leave the Cleggs of La Tranche. We are having a cup of tea (what else) in the back yard so things are improving but not "cracking the flags", just warming them up a bit!. Greetings from Woody

Anonymous said...

This is really silly - commenting on my own blog! Thanks for adding the photos of La Paillote. And thanks to my other commentators.
LCA.

Anonymous said...

LCA has arrived 'chez nous'. She is 'full of it'! Obviously a good time was had by all. Can't wait for our turn. Much love n good luck to Matt T'L XX