Sunday 16 September 2012

Venise Verte

Phil popped over for a long weekend and we decided to show him Venise Verte now that the roads are a lot quieter around here.

Our first stop was Maillezais where the frogs were playing hard to get but we saw some beautiful lily pads...
...and this intriguing snail in the water
Damvix: of course Venise Verte is famous for its waterways and vivid green all around...

...except for this beautiful butterfly!
Tine took a shine to the old post office
Tine & Phil explored the abbey at Nieul sur l'Autise while I rested my poorly knee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salut. Still looks lovely weather over there. C'mon then, name that butterfly! I know you can.

Bisous, LCA.

Papaman said...

It's a peacock butterfly, Miss. Have I passed? There's a trickier one next time!!

Anonymous said...

/
\/
a tick for a correct answer!
I'll get the ref. book ready for the next one.
LCA.x