Saturday 26 July 2014

Guess who's back...

...back again! 

The draw of the blog is stronger than I am, so in a not-quite-so frequent form, it's back to business.

In June Tine had an appointment in La Roche sur Yon, our local administrative centre, and I decided to look around the main square (affectionately known as Place Nap, the reason for which will soon become apparent). There has been a long-term project to change the area which was mainly parking before.


And here we have it: larger than life mechanical creatures,
all manoeuvrable from panels with just a little bit of practice.



There's a bit of a clue here to the Place Nap nickname!







Why, of course it's Napoleon's Square!!

There were so many people enjoying the fabulous weather and interesting surroundings. Well done, La Roche, a town we normally skirt around (eh, 'Er from Brittany?)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I skirt around it but in the past I have visited every facet of the town. Look forward to seeing La Roche next month! 'Er from Brittany

Kate said...

I'd just love to see these creatures. Hope they hang round for me :-) ps welcome back. xx

Anonymous said...

Guess who's back? Eminem?
That looks great. Next time we there, I want to go visit. Innit. So return of the Mac!!!!