Wednesday 12 December 2018

Canal walk to Bingley

Let me take you for a walk along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal, one of my regular jaunts whilst stopping at our château on Baildon Moor.

I think you can tell which season we're in as we start in Saltaire, having walked down into the valley 

The first set of locks is at Hirst Wood

One of my favourite bridges, just before Dowley Gap Locks

Onto the locks, originally built in 1773 and rising/falling 6 metres
Lucky me (and you!), two longboats on their way through


Nearing Bingley now, but still beautiful reflections to be seen...
...and plenty of our feathered friends...
...these two pretty oblivious to your faithful blogger.
And when we get to Bingley, it could be a night at the Chip'n'Ern pub with its quirky ceiling decor...
...or a family meal at the Fisherman's Inn. Here's Betty and Maddie...
...our beautiful great-niece Rosie...
...and old faithfuls, Kate, Rachael, Pete & Gaynor.

As I type this we're preparing our next visit back to Blighty. Can we hope for blue skies and pub excursions? Definitely one of the two, but keep the snow away, please.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Superbes photos ! Je me souviens d'avoir aussi marché le long d'un canal, je ne sais plus sic'était celui-là...

Papaman said...

Je crois que oui, mon ami!