Sunday 3 May 2020

Cataract operations and life gets back to normal

2020's been quite a momentous year so far: please let it all calm down.
I had cataract operations mid-January and mid-February in a hospital on the outskirts of Nantes. It was quite a trek each time but I was more than happy with the surgeon and my treatment (not forgetting the health system in France).

Post-operation photo to send to the kids to prove I'd survived. I was ready for my snack I can tell you!
Back on the beach, the lame leading the partially-sighted...
Trying some ski moves: thanks for lending me the sunglasses, Monique. It didn't half seem bright after the operation.
Just a few medications to keep me going
Second eye done and Dick's here in competition with his Starfish beermat eyepatch
A couple of weeks later and I've chosen my new specs!

I can't say the operations were pleasant but I'm so glad I did it, my long vision is really good without glasses but this boy loves to read.

Meanwhile the tide comes in and the tide goes out. Here we have the jetty in the background on a misty day.
Look carefully. Can you see the processionary caterpillars making their way from the nest down the tree trunk?
I posted a photo of Canada geese in flight recently...
...here they are on the water's edge another day, obviously enjoying fishy takings!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Les oies canadiennes parlent-elles avec un accent ?

Papaman said...

Peut-être, mais il ne faut pas demander à moi avec mon accent exotique!