Wednesday 31 March 2021

A wander around l’Aiguillon

I’ll do the shopping at l'Aiguillon Super U whilst you do your steps. How could I resist Tine’s offer?

The old windmill is very intriguing, hidden away...

...in an aptly named passageway.

The structure seems to be privately owned...

...but no-one was around so I took the opportunity to take some photos.


Walking on to the boating lake it seemed strange to find it drained. This structure is part of the fun zone, very popular with youngsters in the summer when falling into the water is not a problem.

And here's where the lake will be filled before too long, I should think

Of course l'Aiguillon is known for its seafood, and particularly mussels. Here are piles of bouchots ready to go. 

You probably can't make it out but the furthest ones away are sharpened like pencils to go into the seabed.

As you can see I love the ramshackle jetties where fishing boats arrive




No comments: