Wednesday 22 August 2007

mon premier guest blog

Salut family and friends, Papa has been requesting I provide a guest blog so that you have a new voice to listen to, and so here I am. Tonight, Maman and Papa are holding a house warming to celebrate the new maison. It seems odd to be celebrating a new house and a new life without the hoards of people who came to the house cooling in Bingley, but I also keep thinking of the many many Bingley parties which came and went without so many of our French family. It's time to make things fair I think! I am currently sat with a HUGE table behind me, laden with food buffet style. If you are reading this I am sure you will have all experienced a buffet Maman style - like no other! There are contributions from various others and it looks magnificent, good enough to eat! Papa has made beautiful pear tarts with pears grown from the garden; a sign of a new lifestyle. Home grown fruit and eventually veg, having a bit more time for Papa to bake! (He's very good at it regardless of what he thinks.) All in all, tonight looks like it is going to be a really lovely, special evening. I'm predicting lots of wine, some french sing-alongs, and mine and Peep's other halves looking a little bemused!

I have been here for just under two weeks, and unfortunately my hols are coming to an end and tomorrow is my last full day. It has been great to show S around but I can never explain to him the significance of this town. I can never recount all the memories and experiences that this place holds. I can't quite believe that Maman and Papa now actually live here, really and truly. The weather has been pretty poor but it hasn't mattered too much, (we went for an icy cold dip in the sea today regardless, invigorating!) The house is stunning. Anyone who visits will agree, it is just amazing. It does need a little tweaking aesthetically but other than that it is perfect. It feels like home, due in no small part to the incredible super speedy unpacking skills!

So, as the clock ticks as we await our first guests, to this, the first La Tranche party, I know that it won't be the last. I also know there may be a couple of sore heads tomorrow!

x

No comments: