Tuesday 30 October 2007

Cosy nights and new wheels

As you can see it's definitely got colder at night-time but there was still plenty of sunshine today. This was last night's fire. I reckon tonight's will look similar so I won't bore you with another photo! Just to say an open fire was on our 'must-have' list when we were looking for houses and we are thrilled (and it's good fun too!) Our delivery of logs is due in a couple of weeks, three 'stères' which is a new word for me, meaning 1 cubic metre of wood. That should last us (I hope).

The ever-happy cousins Catherine and Julie came for lunch today which gave Tine & Nad the opportunity to try out the lovely recipe book that Meryl gave us. The stuffed vegetables were fabulous and I'm still full hours later... They came in two cars so that we could borrow their Kangoo whilst we are between cars. Not for long though as we have chosen our next car this afternoon, in Fontenay-le-Comte, about an hour from here. It's a BRAND NEW Renault Modus and we should get it on 12th November, good timing for us money-wise. Exciting stuff! Tonight Nad is going to the cinema in La Roche with Julie and a couple of friends. I'm sure they'll have a great time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

new car nice!

Anonymous said...

Julie took me to see Stardust and despite my worries about not keeping up, I absolutely loved it. Deffo recommend going to see it! Merci Julie xxx