Thursday 3 April 2008

Time to say au revoir!







C'est deja la fin de mes vacances :( last morning here unfortunately. However, instead of getting up bright and early to make the most of it, we all slept in by accident! One hour left till we have to leave so I am under strict instructions to pen my last blog. You'd think it would be time better spent to weep into our Special K! (Note to all - the Shreddies have run out, I repeat, the Shreddies have run out...!)
.
Sorry LCA, weather yesterday was STUNNING! As my sun burnt hand would prove. Put cream on my arms, forgot my hands. Elementary mistake. We made the most of it and lay outside for yet more lovely siestes in the sun. Grey and miserable today but I'm sure it is just the weather making sure I am not too sad to leave :)
.
As the photos prove, we have all got our feet wet this holiday. Maman and I managed it in March but wussy Paps only managed April (albeit only 2 days later!) I think though that M&P are much better at hiding in their facial expressions just how blinking cold it actually was. Especially because by the time Papa took the photo of us we'd been there a little longer than we'd have chosen to be! Regardless, I can say that in my Easter holidays I have sunbathed AND I have paddled. Fab.
.
Since the last blog we have been to see Cecile in La Roche for a lovely lunch in a Sicilian restaurant near where she works. Was lovely to see her. Merci pour les commentaires; ils nous ont beaucoup plus! As Cecile pointed out, it's odd to see each other more than just once or twice in the summer, but this is in fact the third time since last year! Add that to the list of benefits for having estranged parents. (Papaman: we're still married despite this rumour. In fact our 33rd Anniversary was this week!)
.
On our way back we were VERY exciting and called in at the local garden centre which has just sprung up. I eyed up ridiculously expensive trees (seriously, €1700...) and we all ooed and ahhed over tiny rabbits and other small rodents. Think it's about time that Casa Clegg got a fish tank/pond though eh? My suggestion is to simply build a swimming pool with goldfish in it! Win win situation!
.
Last night to mark my final night we thought it would be great to take a stroll into town after eating and go for a drink Chez David. We had a lovely walk over admiring the stars only to get there and discover that it was closed. As was pretty much every other bar in town! Even the PMU which is ALWAYS open wasn't tonight. It was like a ghost town. When the church bells rang, Maman pointed out that that all we needed was some tumble weed to roll past and she had a point. It was of course my fault for leaving midweek and not at the weekend. It's okay, I accept the blame. Instead we came home, had a drink whilst watching Grand Designs and went to bed. Rock and Roll eh?!
.
Right, time is running out. I have to shower and breakfast and finish packing and there are only 49 minutes left! Many many thanks to all the comments; I am ECSTATIC to beat the world record (well Papa's record anyway) it's just good to hear from people I wouldn't do otherwise. Keep up the good work and a bientôt when I hopefully take my summer slot chez le blog.
.
Bisous,
.
Nadine xxx


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Longest. Blog. EVER!

March/April? Tu est a l'envers?!

Tut tut, Le Filston Londonien x

Anonymous said...

March/April now reversed and corrected, LFL. Quelle soeur tu as!!

Anonymous said...

Never knew my daughter was so prolific (in her writing that is!!) but didn't she do well!
Pour les lecteurs francais: j'admire la prose de ma fille. Eh oui, c'est moi. J'existe et je risque meme de sequestrer le blog moi aussi un de ces jours.
Affaire a suivre...
Une francaise a La Tranche!

Anonymous said...

Coucou Nad, nous regrettons ton départ et constatons que tu étais de loin la championne pour alimenter le blog!!!
comment vont tes coups de soleil Tranchais???
Avis vos soirées Tranchaises vont devenir plus Fun ou Rock and Roll grace à
"An English/FrenchCousin atla Paillote"
bisous