Monday 10 November 2008

"A Load of Old Rocks"






Back in the 70s, on holiday with good friends of ours we decided to visit Stonehenge. "Why?" said our friend."It's just a load of old rocks!"

A convoluted way of introducing this post. Last Monday we decided to visit some ancient standing stones, using the detailed map that Jean & Monique kindly gave to me for my birthday. It was exciting, like a treasure hunt: we'll definitely do it again sometime soon as there are plenty more ancient sites in the area (apart from us, I hear you say).

One stop was at the Dolmen des Pierres Folles. I was just opening the car door and Tine said to shut the door quickly. Right behind us passed five wild boar, adults and young. Sadly the camera wasn't switched on so I couldn't get photos straight away.

(By the way, it took us hours to drag our friend away from Stonehenge. He was totally fascinated!)

I've put the photos from our day out on http://picasaweb.google.com/PapamanPicasa/ALoadOfOldRocks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Totally amazing photos of boars even if you didn't get your camera quickly :) x

Anonymous said...

Tine I just realized why you complained from your shoulders and neck even if you are a strong woman!