Friday 24 October 2008

Walk on the beach





We went for a lovely stroll along the beach today, and found one of our favourite (and ugliest) monsters from last year. It's known as a sea hare and on occasions there are hundreds of them washed up on the high-tide line. I'm sure you're all intrigued to learn more so I have researched this link for you ( http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=massmort ). We nicknamed it 'black bladder' as that is what it resembles.

Moving on to more pleasant things, the second photo shows a lovely pattern in the sand left by the tide, and two more beautiful sunsets for your delight. I'll never tire of the wonderful big sky we have here (except when it's grey, of course).

(You may have noticed these last few posts have been back-dated. I'm trying to catch up with myself, sorry!)

No comments: