Saturday 11 April 2009

Well and truly shuttered




And what have I been up to these last few weeks? Well, boringly I've been busy varnishing/staining the shutters and window frames. As each side needs two coats it takes four days to turn around one pair of shutters. We have 16 shutters (and three pairs of trestles), you can do the Maths yourselves (taking into account rain showers, of course!)

Then there's the front door, the beams around there and the patio eating area plus the gates. I could finish by the summer!!

The lizard in photo 2 enjoyed the ride from the house to the trestles and had to be 'encouraged' to run away - better then being painted I should think!

Photos 3 & 4 show you before and after - hope you are impressed!

Meanwhile Tine has been busy preparing the ground for the swimming pool that Nad & Si brought us last summer - you can just see the circle behind the trestles in the 1st photo. We'll start to fill that in May. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hya All, Happy Easter, hope you all had plenty of chocolate eggs!!!
I am doing the same jobs as you Dave at the moment. I have finished the shed in green to match the bushes! Now I have started one of the garden gates which are brown. I've only been at it for 2 days so far and 2nd coats will be needed plus finishing of the new fence I started last year and ran out of woodstain then couldn't get any cas of the season!! Never mind, will soon be done. Looking forward to endish of May to see you all.B recovering slowly.
Love A&B xx