Monday 27 April 2009

Another week, another guest bloggist!

Another retrospective, long distance blog! LCA at the keyboard. Well how can you add to the blog, whilst staying with D&M, when suffering from ' 2B2B ' syndrome? (That's 'too busy to blog'.)
.
And now back home, having had about 5 hrs sleep after a lovely evening with D&M's friends, I'm nearly too tired to blog. So, I'll go for a very brief resume of the last 4 packed days:
- problem free travel until the autoroute, when I managed to 'natter' so much that we missed the exit, causing a rather longer journey back to La Tranche
- beautiful sunny weather throughout
- trips to Les Sables & La Roche for Martine's English classes. At the latter, I was part of the lesson, when the students asked me questions. 2 lovely groups of students
- Dave & I took a walk around La Chaume - fishing boats, boulistes, the mural and wisteria in the gardens - cycling to various places; getting the bread; La Paillote to see Matt hard at work preparing for the season; into town; to the jetty; (quicker than walking & I can cope 'cos it's flat & there are cycle paths to keep me away from the traffic - or is it to keep the traffic safe from me?)

- meeting Martine & Dave's friends
- watching a recent French comedy film, which I more or less understood, tho' I didn't get all the local slang! - delicious meals 'at home' , including a BBQ

- delicious meals 'au restuarant' (merci Matt for 1 of these)

- delicious meal at friends (merci Sue & Nick)
.
Seems to be rather an emphasis on the food, but it was good! Thanks for a brill visit. Good luck to Matt (& Martine) for the opening of La Paillote on Thursday.

3 comments:

Papaman said...

Thanks LCA for a great post, and we're very glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope I can use some more of your photos in future posts!

Anonymous said...

Your guest bloggers are fantastic Dave, lovely photos. Everyone looks like they are enjoying themselves. All the comments about food and the photos make me feel hungry!!
Good luck Matt with La Palliotte and Martine with her new job, cooking for the masses!! Hope you still have time to enjoy the summer Tine.
Lots of Love A&B xxxx

Anonymous said...

Pleased to see that preparations at La Paillote are well on the way for our arrival and I note that you are not wearing coats whilst dining. Roll on 18th. Lots of love J&H xx