Thursday 18 September 2008

The days fly by

Small but perfectly formed!
'Aha my hearties' - where's Johnny Depp?
Sculpture stall by the port at La Rochelle
Thanks to 'Ouest-France' website for this photo
..........................................................................................................
Ok, I'm in trouble again for not writing more regularly. I will try harder, Miss! (These bossy teachers, huh?)
.
Thought you might like to see our VERY OWN melon grown in the garden - yes, just one! To make it go further we ate it with port and very proud we were. We've also been making good use of our onions, tomatoes, potatoes and courgettes - wonderful!
.
I mentioned last time that we were in La Rochelle last weekend when there was some kind of boat festival. The second photo shows a magnifent masted vessel, complete with samba band, their music resounding across the port. I was also impressed by this market stall with sculptures - reminded me of Charlie back in B-Town.
.
Whilst we were in La Rochelle Matt phoned us to say a whale had been washed up at La Terrière, just up the coast from here. He went to have a look but they were already removing it from the beach. I got this photo from a local press website. The whale was already dead when washed up and in a bad state of deterioration, all 18 m of it! Matt said the whole area stank - yuck!

No comments: