Thursday 11 September 2008

High tide, low tide & a visitor

Very high tide at the jetty
'Now where did the sea go?'
Matt's arty shot taken from the jetty
Not a day for swimming, methinks
Meet Terrence the Toad (are you reading this, Nicole?)
..........................................................................................................
Yes we've had the very high and low tides again (and no I won't mention co-efficients after last time, except it was 101)! If you look at the first two photos it's hard to imagine the volume of water that fills the bay twice a day.

As I hinted last time the weather has been very changeable. I'm typing this with a miserable grey cloud cover outside - hard to imagine we were sunbathing and swimming in the sea yesterday. Last week we had pretty big waves and I've 'borrowed' two of Matt's photos to show you. The sky is amazing in both I'm sure you'll agree.

And finally hope you like the new member of the family who made an appearance the other morning when Tine opened the kitchen shutters (and I thought toads LIKED the rain)! We haven't seen him since. He'd better not be devouring our lizards.

No comments: