Thursday 30 June 2011

Final photos from our first-timers +

Steve had to be forced into the 'rosalie' but I reckon he secretly enjoyed it: perhaps not on the roundabout à la Française, though!

Maddie had no such qualms going on Tine's bike: it's better than walking!

Down on the beach for a final time - so many shells to inspect.

The impressive sky over the Ile de Ré.

So, back to normal after our friends' departure, we went by bike to explore some of the tracks by local waterways and finally got a close up view of the town's water tower. I think it was Phil who decided it was a pterodactyl's nest!


And look what nature's done this time! A big sandbank blocking the way for sailors wanting to take their boats out to sea. There is suddenly quite a lot of activity in this area around the old jetty. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salut les Tranchais.
Thanks for the 'news' & pictures.
Oh, according to our lads, it's not an enormous nest, it's a giant's golf tee, with the 'flag' for the hole being somewhere past Angles!!
Bisous,
LCA.

Michella said...

Wow great blog! Thank you for sharing! For me (a huge la tranche fan lol), it's so much fun to see what's happening over there. And the pictures...it brings back so many beautiful and funny memories. So please keep blogging; i promise i'll keep reading ;)

Papaman said...

Thank you, Michella. Are you coming to La Tranche again soon?

Michella said...

Maybe i'm coming in august. I had to cancel my reservation; was actually planning to come next week! For the first time in 20 years i'm not gonna be there for le 14 juillet and i don't like it;) So how did you end up in La Tranche?

Papaman said...

If you send me your email address I won't publish it here but will reply that way - all comments come to me first for approval. You'll be the 3rd new friend I've made this way!!