Sunday 26 June 2011

Les Sables zoo

Another day, another visit: this time to the zoo at Les Sables d'Olonne, a really excellent afternoon out. Last time we went was with Nad - I think Maddie enjoyed it ALMOST as much!!

Not a real tortoise below!

Comparing the meerkat?

A sleepy jaguar, enjoying the rays of sunshine.

Ahhhhhhhh, I hear you say!

An amazingly swift giant anteater, possibly one of nature's weirdest creatures!

Three females picnicking ....

... and the alpha male on lookout!

I love the pelicans and the capybara, which can weigh up to 80 kg!



Monkeys and lemurs were all over, making a real racket.

A majestic Lion King.

Meet Dalka, born on 11th February 2011.

Looks like this seat has a handful! (The ice cream was good too, said Maddie.)


2 comments:

Nadine said...

Yes! A zoo post! Great start to my Sunday :-) Xx

Anonymous said...

Great zoo. Tried to swap Mads for one of the monkeys but they wouldn't let me.